Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: We've created a monster....

  • Karen Cotter
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21 3:33 PM
      Did you hear that knocking? That was me, banging my head against the wall.

      My mother had the blue Hawaiian Flowers teapot, sugar bowl and creamer and one large coffee cup and saucer. When we divvied up our mother's trove, My sister took the teapot (no one liked it or used it as the design was nuts - the handle was - as you all know - bent in a "loop" downward and the spout tilted upward. If you tilted the pot enough by the koo koo handle, the tea ran out under the lid before it ran out the spout!
      Lots of tea on the table and none in the cup.

      Beautiful to look at, horrid to use. Anyway, my sister took the teapot and the sugar bowl and creamer. I chose the cup and saucer as I knew I would use it and enjoy it. And so I have. However, when I saw the escalating prices recently I e-mailed my sister as she is an eBay freak as am I. She sadly told me she'd broken the teapot some years ago by accident. Washed it and was holding it over the sink by the "loopy" handle and lost her soapy grip on it. Too bad, so sad. She does use the sugar and creamer though. We are pleased to see the escalating prices as we both have some Blanding odds and ends we picked up for nuttin' back in our garage and estate sale-ing days in the early '70s. You guys don't want to know what we paid for those things back then. *heh heh* All plates, however, nothing special.

      Karen Leilani -

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 21 10:03 PM
        Most of the major purchases have been me, per usual. My ultimate goal
        is to gift much of the stuff that I have amassed to a museum (perhaps
        MOCAD) when I can afford to do so. In the meantime, I was recently
        offered $20,000 for my set of blue Coral Reef (the only "complete" set
        I am aware of in the world). Prices are indeed getting crazy!

        Sorry I wasnt getting emails, yahoo had the wrong old email for me.

        Aloha, Michael "wekeula"

        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Cotter"