Ebay sale of rare Blanding items

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2007
      O.K., I'll admit it up front guys...I'm selling these items to raise some money for personal
      reasons. With two kids in daycare, a mortgage, and a computer that crashed last month,
      I'm severely low on funds. All I can hope is that these Blanding items stay in the "family."

      I'm selling a book that once belonged to Don in the early twenties. It has his own
      illustrated bookplate (never before seen artwork) and is signed and inscribed to a friend in
      1922. I bought it seven years ago, and have decided to part with it...to a good home. Ebay
      auction # 150146582004, or go to this link:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150146582004

      Also for sale is a portrait print of Edythe Hope Genee that Don did in which he signed it in
      ink, as did Edythe. Included, is an original photo of Edythe...and a copy of her book BRIEF
      APRILS. Auction # 150146646599:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150146646599

      I'm also selling a copy of IN A HAWAIIAN GARDEN...but what makes this special is that it
      has a dustjacket...something I have NEVER seen before. Auction # 150145114805:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150145114805

      And finally, I created a new Blanding poster, SEA BUTTERFLIES, which was professionally
      scanned from a 1935 print. The colors are Teal & black, 12"x18", printed on 80# heavy-
      weight paper. On sale for $14.95 each, plus shipping. You can personally email me to
      order, or visit the ebay auction to see it:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150145113393

      Thanks for looking, Keith
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2007
        Interesting & rare item for the Don Blanding collector

        A Don Blanding book once owned by Hollywood actress and gossip columnist Hedda
        Hopper - given to her by famous "granny" character actress Adeline De Walt Reynolds -
        signed by Blanding and Reynolds, with extras such as signed photographs, book
        inscriptions, and a Hedda Hopper magazine column.

        With your winning bid on this auction you receive the following items:
        • MOSTLY CALIFORNIA, by Don Blanding, 1948 (first edition, signed by Blanding in the
        front flyleaf)
        • Photograph of Don Blanding, signed "To Hedda, Aloha Don Blanding"
        • Photograph of Adeline De Walt Reynolds, signed "To Hedda, love "Grandma" "
        • Inscription in back of book by Adeline De Walt Reynolds to Hedda Hopper, dated March
        28, 1949
        • 'Hedda Hopper's Hollywood' gossip column, signed by Adeline De Walt Renolds to Hedda
        Hopper

        Book in excellent condition, with mylar-covered dustjacket. Filled with lovely black & white
        illustrations by Blanding and his descriptive poetry.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150148519113

        Thanks, Keith