DB newspaper article

  • Tom Markle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 23, 2007
      I have a copy of a newspaper article that is entitled, "Blanding Fears Stamp of Longhairs". It
      mentions that he was at the bookshop of Frederick and Nelson in Seattle but there is no date
      on the Newspaper article. He is promoting "Today is Here" which is 1946ish. Does anyone
      have recollection of the actual date of this article??? Thanks for the help...tj
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2007
        Aloha TJ,

        Fredrick and Nelson had a great Historical Dept when I worked there in the
        1960's. I have tried to find out what happened to all their stuff when they
        closed, but no luck yet. Nordstrom's took over the store as there flagship
        store and may know. All the history may still be there on the 9th floor
        Human Resource dept. I was impressed with what they had when I worked
        there. Hope someone who reads this can tell us where to look for all that
        Historical stuff.

        Bev.

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 2007
          tj

          I have a copy of that article somewhere in my files...I'll look to see if my copy has a date.

          In my timeline, Don was in Seattle in November of 1946 to promote TODAY IS HERE...and
          he was traveling with Edythe Hope Genee as she was also doing some pre-publication
          promotion of her book BRIEF APRILS, which Don illustrated. So they were doing joint
          receptions.

          Keith

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
            I have read November 1946 microfilm from The Seattle Times and find no
            mention of DB or Edythe.

            If I could see the actual article, I may be able to identify the
            newspaper by the fonts used. TJ and Keith, does either of you have an
            original clipping or just a photocopy? Knowing what's on the reverse
            often helps ID and date a clip.

            Is it worth my time to read film from the Seattle PI and Seattle Star
            to locate the article? Are you sure of the month and year?

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
              Mine is not an original newspaper clipping. Merely a
              photocopy for info only. I was interested in the
              clipping because it was a little more caustic than
              normal for DB to be in public. I was wondering if he
              had recently been slammed by the Longhairs he
              mentioned and was making it known that he was a
              popular guy contrary to the Longhairs opinions....just
              conjecture on my part. My scanner/copier is on the
              blink or I could send you a copy. I could snail mail
              it to you if you'd like...tj