Don Blanding August 1924

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2007
      Don sailed on the S.S. Melita from Cherbourg, France on Aug. 22, 1924 and arrived in
      Quebec, Canada on August 29. His birth date is listed as Nov. 7th, 1893 (that early date
      again!) and his address in the U.S. is listed as c/o Keith School, Rockford, Illinois.

      This is a mystery to me since he hadn't lived in Rockford since 1921, and he never worked at
      the Keith School as far as I know (he worked at Rockford College and the Art League.) If my
      memory serves me correctly, I think Don's friend Leslie Young Correthers may have worked
      for the Keith School, so maybe Don planned on visiting him.

      I don't know if Don spent any time in Quebec, but I do know he spent the Fall in New York
      writing articles for the New York Herald and visiting the Putnams in Rye, New York...and is
      back in Honolulu by the Summer of 1925.