Question Cadia

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2007
      Why do my posts get so butchered in formating?

      Yahoo inserts line breaks all over the place, which makes the paragraphs all jagged. There
      used to be a word wrap feature, but I don't see it any more.

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2007
        Keith,

        When you type a message directly into the message box on the group
        website, the defaults are "fixed font width" and "wrap." Have you
        changed these?

        Are you hitting the return (enter) key? If so, that's the likely
        problem.

        What does the message look like in "preview"?

        I've noticed on several occasions that I have to scroll left and
        right to see all of a message as I type. If I were to move the ends
        of lines by using the return key, then the result would be what you
        are experiencing.

        Have you tried sending a message directly from your e-mail system?
        Does this system automatically wrap lines? Does it used fixed font,
        as opposed to variable font?

        Do you copy and paste from either Word or Notepad? If you've used
        the return key to rearrange material, then that's another culprit.
        When I compose in Notepad, I always have wrap manually; if I do not
        do a complete job, the result is the same as yours. Likewise, when
        I copy and paste to create a text file in Files, I always have to
        adjust each line to make it look right.

        I have submitted your question to Yahoo Help. Maybe they'll have a
        better answer. Maybe not.