Re: Don Blanding in Honolulu on Feb. 12, 1916?

    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
      Tom,

      I think the totally nude photo of Don you made a copy of for me was from his Chicago
      Student days when he did some modelling for life drawing classes.

      It was a side shot (hiding his privates obviously) but would have been too risque for a
      theatrical photo.

      Of course it could also have been yet another one of his career tangents...posing for a
      1920's beefcake magazine (ha ha!)

      Have fun in Arizona. If you venture into New Mexico you can research the Blanding/Taos
      connection.

      Keith

      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
        Bev ....

        Here's a direct link to the image:

        http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?
        u=3010967&a=32303273&p=75253479

        If nothing else, go to

        http://www.photo.epson.com

        and type in my e-mail address to access my albums.

        By the way, I've come across a few mentions of Armine in the April and
        May 1917 microfilm. Off to the library now to finish reading but will
        e-mail you tonight.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
          Still couldn't get in.

          The first one said:
          Sorry. The url (web page address) should not have a 'u=...' section.

          Please contact Customer Service if you need any assistance.

          The second just showed things you were advertising.

          I am hoping the Huntington will be able to start getting the Star Bulletin
          for me starting with 1923-28. If you are reading 1917, I won't have to
          check it out. What other years have you covered? I am hoping to find ads
          for their Dude Ranch in 23-28.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
            How can I get back into the group files again? I haven't done it for a
            while and it does not recognize me as a member anymore.

            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
              Bev ...

              To access restricted group sections, go to

              and sign in with your Yahoo ID (bevl3) and your password. If you
              don't remember your password, there's a link to have the information e-
              mailed to you. Then just follow the instructions provided.

              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
                I have tried all this and Yahoo doesn't let me in. Maybe I will rejoin.

                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
                  I have so many files on DB, I keep forgetting which ones are private
                  and which ones are accessible.

                  Here's a better link for the 1917 illustration:

                  http://myglassduchess.freeyellow.com/images9/1917lanai.jpg

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 30, 2007
                    Mahalo,

                    I gave up and rejoined the group and at the moment can view our group.

                    Mahalo for all your time today to try and help me back in.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 31, 2007
                      Same problem---Dean

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 31, 2007
                        Dean,
                        I rejoined and now I am in again. Go figure. This is the 3rd time I have
                        had to change my pass-word in order to get in. Good old Yahoo.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 31, 2007
                          Bev, you didn't rejoin the group ... you just changed your profile.
                          The original join date is intact.

                          Dean, try doing as Bev did. Using the same e-mail address as you
                          already have, create a new Yahoo ID and password. That should merge
                          with the original profile.

                          You both can always change the Yahoo ID's back to what they were, if
                          you wish.

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 31, 2007
                            Cadia,

                            That may be what they tell you, but it isn't that easy from this side of
                            the screen. I even had Hal trying to figure out what to do and he left.