Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Dancing Heart

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
      Funny you should come up with that. I appreciate it,
      thanks. I own the original Dancing Heart drawing as
      you know. I just made a copy for my niece who loves
      the art piece. I wrote her a letter "from Don
      Blanding" giving what history we have with the piece.
      Kind of fun to try to write and speak like ole' Don.
      I'm making CD's of my art just in case something
      happens to the originals. I think Karen traced her to
      Alameda but Hayward is just next door. I'll go down
      to the Library and browse the phone books for Hayward
      and Alameda County. Merry Christmas to all.....tj

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
        Reply #2 - - - On my original Dancing Heart, is
        inscribed, "for Jean", Aloha Don Blanding, but the
        poem in "A Grand Time Living" pg 151, is dedicated to
        "June" not "Jean". Don't know if they are two
        different people or DB just got mixed up. The writing
        on the fringes of the art piece I found show the name.
        Mrs. L.M. Yohe, probably the mother. More misterys to
        solve....tj