Re: [aloha-donblanding] Sunday's 6.6 earthquake in Hawaii

  • Curt Blanding
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
      Hi Cadia and everyone,

      Thanks for thinking of us. On windward Oahu we're doing just
      fine. Still no electricity but otherwise nothing broken. A lot of
      shaking and all the pictures went crooked. A couple of things tipped
      over but nothing broke.

      I'm able to send this email because I'm in San Jose at the moment.

      Curt
    • Jackie Collins
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
        Hi Curt and Cadia....and all

        The rumble caused us to be all shook up for a while,
        but apart from the loss of power for much of Sunday,
        there was apparently no major damage or harm.
        The good news was that no tsunami was triggered
        (except in our swimming pool :)

        Warmest Aloha.........Jackie

        Jacqueline Collins Buck,
        email: Jacqueline.CollinsBuck@...
        or JackieCollins-Buck@...

        www.worrall.com www.sothebysrealty.com

      • mauibandb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
          On Maui we suffered only minor inconvenience most of the power was up by 10
          am. Lucky we don't livve on oahu like Curt.

          Maui Tom

        • charonkat@wmconnect.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
            Aloha from the Big Island. There really are no reports of big damage, just
            boulders blocking the road and fallen rock walls. The area that was hit is not
            a very populated area. I live on the Hilo side and our house swayed and
            bended but we are totally fine. I lived in Southern California for years, so this
            was really no big deal, a little scary but we lived thru it. Our kitty ran
            off, but she's back now. Our electricity went out for about 2 hours during the
            Giants game. Today we are living as normal. Thanks for asking. For once we
            are in the news.... Mahalo, Kathy

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
              On Maui we suffered only minor inconvenience most of the power was up by
              10
              am. Lucky we don't livve on oahu like Curt.

              Maui Tom
              _____________________________________
              Aloha Maui Tom,

              Glad to hear all is well. On the internet they showed folks lining up
              in front of the Kihei Longs for food and water. Did you have a run on the
              stores? We go to Maui on Wed and hope to see you this trip. Do we need to
              bring food?

              with aloha,

            • Jackie Collins-Buck
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
                Dear Bev
                No, you definately do not need to bring food!

                My guess is that those lining up outside stores
                were doing so because the restaurants were all closed
                and those were shoppers who were caught on the road
                when the power outage occurred.

                Remember too, that when the power is out, the cash
                registers don't work, so I'm sure customer service would
                be at a slower pace than usual.

                We are back to normal now, and I'm sure you will
                enjoy your visit!

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
                  Mahalo Jackie,

                  We are anxious to return to Maui.