Sunday's 6.6 earthquake in Hawaii

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 15, 2006
      Since this morning's earthquake in Hawaii caused extensive power
      outages, I am not expecting to hear from any of our group members in
      the Islands. But in case any of you have access to a computer, or
      have been in contact by phone, it would be comforting to know that
      you're OK.

      Take care, and let us mainland folks know if you need anything!

      ~~Cadia

      duchess@...
    • Curt Blanding
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
        Hi Cadia and everyone,

        Thanks for thinking of us. On windward Oahu we're doing just
        fine. Still no electricity but otherwise nothing broken. A lot of
        shaking and all the pictures went crooked. A couple of things tipped
        over but nothing broke.

        I'm able to send this email because I'm in San Jose at the moment.

        Curt
      • Jackie Collins
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
          Hi Curt and Cadia....and all

          The rumble caused us to be all shook up for a while,
          but apart from the loss of power for much of Sunday,
          there was apparently no major damage or harm.
          The good news was that no tsunami was triggered
          (except in our swimming pool :)

          Warmest Aloha.........Jackie

          Jacqueline Collins Buck,
          email: Jacqueline.CollinsBuck@...
          or JackieCollins-Buck@...

          www.worrall.com www.sothebysrealty.com

        • mauibandb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
            On Maui we suffered only minor inconvenience most of the power was up by 10
            am. Lucky we don't livve on oahu like Curt.

            Maui Tom

          • charonkat@wmconnect.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
              Aloha from the Big Island. There really are no reports of big damage, just
              boulders blocking the road and fallen rock walls. The area that was hit is not
              a very populated area. I live on the Hilo side and our house swayed and
              bended but we are totally fine. I lived in Southern California for years, so this
              was really no big deal, a little scary but we lived thru it. Our kitty ran
              off, but she's back now. Our electricity went out for about 2 hours during the
              Giants game. Today we are living as normal. Thanks for asking. For once we
              are in the news.... Mahalo, Kathy

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
                On Maui we suffered only minor inconvenience most of the power was up by
                10
                am. Lucky we don't livve on oahu like Curt.

                Maui Tom
                _____________________________________
                Aloha Maui Tom,

                Glad to hear all is well. On the internet they showed folks lining up
                in front of the Kihei Longs for food and water. Did you have a run on the
                stores? We go to Maui on Wed and hope to see you this trip. Do we need to
                bring food?

                with aloha,

              • Jackie Collins-Buck
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
                  Dear Bev
                  No, you definately do not need to bring food!

                  My guess is that those lining up outside stores
                  were doing so because the restaurants were all closed
                  and those were shoppers who were caught on the road
                  when the power outage occurred.

                  Remember too, that when the power is out, the cash
                  registers don't work, so I'm sure customer service would
                  be at a slower pace than usual.

                  We are back to normal now, and I'm sure you will
                  enjoy your visit!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 16, 2006
                    Mahalo Jackie,

                    We are anxious to return to Maui.