Re: "Private Don" in the Army, 1942-43

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2006
      Well, I tried. The typed documents still look like mush, so I'll
      transcribe them in the next few days.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10, 2006
        DB was offered an officer's rank but he turned it down, saying that he
        preferred to be among the enlisted men. He wanted to find out what
        the average "doughboy" of the new generation was thinking.

        Both of his books, Pilot Bails Out and Today Is Here, are the result
        of his research among his fellow soldiers.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2006
          He was also escaping from a disolving marriage to
          Dorothy. I think thats where the title, Pilot Bails
          Out comes from.....OK, its just a crazy thought.....tj

        • sam17659@cs.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2006
            Cadia:

            I could read them just fine! Any recent changes to your screen settings?

            Thanks for all you do!

            Ted