Re: [aloha-donblanding] DB in Army uniform c. 1942 - inscribed photo

  • Karen Cotter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 9:39 AM
      What an interesting photo - I've forgotten what year DB was born - a bit old for a private but my husband was 31 when he was drafted into WWII in the Army. Times were hard after Pearl Harbor and it seems you were liable for being drafted if you were breathing and had two usable feet. My own father was 41 then and had to go before the Board but because he had me and I was only 4 he did not have to go. Blanding had interesting eyes - very youthful in an aging face. I love that photo, what a find!