Edwin Harlan Bacon, Ida's first husband

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      I've found quite a bit of information about Edwin Harlan Bacon, who
      married Ida Kimble in 1872. Their daughter Jessie was born in 1876;
      Edwin died April 29, 1877, age 29, and is buried in Clarinda, IA.

      Edwin served in the Civil War from Illinois (he was born there in
      1847). I've found an 1890 widow's pension document that lists Ida K.
      B. Blanding applying for benefits in Jan. (possibly June) 1889 and
      again in August 1889 on behalf of her minor daughter. Hugh R.
      Blanding is listed as "guardian"; the transcriber spelled his
      name "Kugh."

      Clarinda is the seat of Page County, IA -- trouble is, the online
      records are for graves in Clarinda, Nodaway Township, Montgomery
      County! The citation also lists his parents as "A.C." and "P.W."
      Bacon. Almost right ... his father was Alvin G. Bacon and his mother
      was Phoebe (Phebe) Warren Briscoe Bacon.

      I'm writing to Page County to see what I can find; also requesting
      his military records.