Re: James Blanding - 1910 census

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 5, 2006
      Tom ...

      I checked the 1910 census again. The James Blanding in Gardiner is a
      49-year-old widower whose parents were born in Missouri and
      Pennsylvania. No others in his household.

      Our James C. Blanding is listed in the Jardine school District, Park
      County, and by 1910 was about 62 years old. His wife Mary C. is also
      listed, with years of marriage shown as 15. Certainly, if James and
      mary were married in the area, an 1894 or 1895 newspaper might yield a
      clue. I think the earliest that DB went to Yellowstone was the summer
      of 1909, about age 15.