"The Virgin of Waikiki"

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      I am reading Mittee and the General, about Maui folks and came on this
      statement which may or may not have something to do with our Don...."first
      Maui County Fair was held in Wailuku in 1916. The only ride offered was on
      the back of Daisy, the elephant from the Honolulu Zoo, known as “The Virgin
      of Waikiki”.

      Do you think that is where he got the title for his book?