Re: April 4th comments

  • vettedeo
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
      Hi Tj and Keith and everyone else,

      I'm new to the group and was wondering if any of your lectures have
      been recorded? Would love to hear them. I've been collecting DB
      books for about five years or so. Keith, for Christmas my wife gave
      me your new book, The Lost Works of DB...it's great!

      Thanks and look forward to getting to know everyone,
      Mike

      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS MARKLE

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
        From tj......never thought about recording a lecture.
        Mine are off the cuff so to speak. I pile up a bunch
        of my collection and start down the line telling
        stories about each. I go from birth to death but jump
        around a little in the middle if people have
        questions...tj

        ---------------------------------

        <tjmarkle@...> wrote:

        > OK Sawtelle.......I lectured only 10 people tonight
        at
        > the Paradise Library. You however became the topic
        of
        > conversation. I read a letter DB wrote to you in
        1957
        > and they loved it. It gave a real insight into DB
        and
        > his hidden personality that the public doesn't see.
        > They wanted to know more about you than Don and I
        had
        > to redirect them. I told them the good parts of
        your
        > story.....hee hee.......Anyway, it went well and I
        > might get booked into the Chico Library which is
        much
        > bigger and maybe work something out with the Butte
        > County Historical Society for a future lecture/show.

        > I was booked from 7-8pm and finished at 8:30pm and
        > they were still awake....thats a good thing. They
        > then browsed my collection for another 1/2 hour
        asking
        > questions and looking at Keith's CD and Book. Its
        > late, I'm tired.....aloha.....tj

        aloha-donblanding@...

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
      • Mike Gothard
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
          I would be interested in hearing it if you ever do.

          Thanks,
          Mike

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
            Great Job Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            OK Sawtelle.......I lectured only 10 people tonight at
            the Paradise Library. You however became the topic of
            conversation. I read a letter DB wrote to you in 1957
            and they loved it. It gave a real insight into DB and
            his hidden personality that the public doesn't see.
            They wanted to know more about you than Don and I had
            to redirect them. I told them the good parts of your
            story.....hee hee.......Anyway, it went well and I
            might get booked into the Chico Library which is much
            bigger and maybe work something out with the Butte
            County Historical Society for a future lecture/show.
            I was booked from 7-8pm and finished at 8:30pm and
            they were still awake....thats a good thing. They
            then browsed my collection for another 1/2 hour asking
            questions and looking at Keith's CD and Book. Its
            late, I'm tired.....aloha.....tj

            --- allen@... wrote:

            aloha-donblanding@...

            Terms of Service.