April 4th comments

  • allen@sawtelle.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2006
      TJ; Keith: Well done guys! Ya did us all proud. Allen

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2006
        OK Sawtelle.......I lectured only 10 people tonight at
        the Paradise Library. You however became the topic of
        conversation. I read a letter DB wrote to you in 1957
        and they loved it. It gave a real insight into DB and
        his hidden personality that the public doesn't see.
        They wanted to know more about you than Don and I had
        to redirect them. I told them the good parts of your
        story.....hee hee.......Anyway, it went well and I
        might get booked into the Chico Library which is much
        bigger and maybe work something out with the Butte
        County Historical Society for a future lecture/show.
        I was booked from 7-8pm and finished at 8:30pm and
        they were still awake....thats a good thing. They
        then browsed my collection for another 1/2 hour asking
        questions and looking at Keith's CD and Book. Its
        late, I'm tired.....aloha.....tj

        --- allen@... wrote:

        aloha-donblanding@...

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
      • vettedeo
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
          Hi Tj and Keith and everyone else,

          I'm new to the group and was wondering if any of your lectures have
          been recorded? Would love to hear them. I've been collecting DB
          books for about five years or so. Keith, for Christmas my wife gave
          me your new book, The Lost Works of DB...it's great!

          Thanks and look forward to getting to know everyone,
          Mike

          --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS MARKLE

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
            From tj......never thought about recording a lecture.
            Mine are off the cuff so to speak. I pile up a bunch
            of my collection and start down the line telling
            stories about each. I go from birth to death but jump
            around a little in the middle if people have
            questions...tj

            ---------------------------------

            <tjmarkle@...> wrote:

            > OK Sawtelle.......I lectured only 10 people tonight
            at
            > the Paradise Library. You however became the topic
            of
            > conversation. I read a letter DB wrote to you in
            1957
            > and they loved it. It gave a real insight into DB
            and
            > his hidden personality that the public doesn't see.
            > They wanted to know more about you than Don and I
            had
            > to redirect them. I told them the good parts of
            your
            > story.....hee hee.......Anyway, it went well and I
            > might get booked into the Chico Library which is
            much
            > bigger and maybe work something out with the Butte
            > County Historical Society for a future lecture/show.

            > I was booked from 7-8pm and finished at 8:30pm and
            > they were still awake....thats a good thing. They
            > then browsed my collection for another 1/2 hour
            asking
            > questions and looking at Keith's CD and Book. Its
            > late, I'm tired.....aloha.....tj

            aloha-donblanding@...

            Terms of Service.

            ---------------------------------
          • Mike Gothard
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
              I would be interested in hearing it if you ever do.

              Thanks,
              Mike

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
                Great Job Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                OK Sawtelle.......I lectured only 10 people tonight at
                the Paradise Library. You however became the topic of
                conversation. I read a letter DB wrote to you in 1957
                and they loved it. It gave a real insight into DB and
                his hidden personality that the public doesn't see.
                They wanted to know more about you than Don and I had
                to redirect them. I told them the good parts of your
                story.....hee hee.......Anyway, it went well and I
                might get booked into the Chico Library which is much
                bigger and maybe work something out with the Butte
                County Historical Society for a future lecture/show.
                I was booked from 7-8pm and finished at 8:30pm and
                they were still awake....thats a good thing. They
                then browsed my collection for another 1/2 hour asking
                questions and looking at Keith's CD and Book. Its
                late, I'm tired.....aloha.....tj

                --- allen@... wrote:

                aloha-donblanding@...

                Terms of Service.