Re: [aloha-donblanding] Today's chatter

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      tj would refer all to Drifters Gold, pg 76 and
      DB's poem Prairie Boy and the Sea.....He gives a
      pretty good poetic response to the Oklahoma/Hawaii
      thing. I've read parts of it to several small
      audiences and they liked it and felt it gave them
      personal insight into DB. There is another poem in
      Let Us Dream pg 115 that would be good for the
      Oklahoma audiences. It's called Prairie Days and
      describes Lawton in its early years as DB remembers
      it. Keith might think of using it for his lecture.

      As to the gay issue. I, like Keith, never gave a
      direct answer because no one knews but DB. His work
      is what I direct people back to. Most people have
      made their own assumptions and are OK with that. I
      personally think DB went with his mood of the day and
      thats what made him what he was. If you were so
      inclined, so might he......

      tj

      --- allen@... wrote:

      aloha-donblanding@...