Seattle in 1962 discovering DB

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2006
      What a small world.

      I was in Seattle during that time going to school at Seattle U., working
      at Fredrick and Nelson and visiting the Coffee shops with friends, but I
      didn't discover DB until '66 when I returned from the Navy and listened to
      Cadia's friend Dave Ballard read DB on the radio. Then I was hooked. I
      could imagine his Vagabond House up in the hill outside of Seattle and
      wanted one just like it.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2006
        Gads.....3 of us in the same City at the same time???
        Always interesting to connect the dots....AND, it must
        have been Bev or Cadia that spurned my youthful
        advances in those days of coffee shop poetry
        readings..ha...tj

        --- Bev Leinbach <bevbach@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        What a small world.

        I was in Seattle during that time going to school at
        Seattle U., working
        at Fredrick and Nelson and visiting the Coffee shops
        with friends, but I
        didn't discover DB until '66 when I returned from the
        Navy and listened to
        Cadia's friend Dave Ballard read DB on the radio.
        Then I was hooked. I
        could imagine his Vagabond House up in the hill
        outside of Seattle and
        wanted one just like it.

        aloha-donblanding@...

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 24, 2006
          Tom, Cadia and Bev,

          I wish I could say I was in Seattle in 1962...but I was just a gleam in my parent's eye at that
          point. I wasn't born until the following year.

          Sorry...had to throw that out there...(smile).

          Keith
        • Karen Cotter
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 24, 2006
            Oh, you missed a fun era, Keith! As I've told tj, my hangout with my new
            husband was Sausalito and San Francisco on weekends. Never been anything
            like it before and never will be again. I'm sure all 4 of us could write
            chapters of a cool book! However, it's pretty well been done to death by
            others far more talented than we and it's one of those things whereby ya had
            to be there.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 24, 2006
              Ah Keith, you just want to live to see what we've
              already seen and done.......(bigger
              smile)......Seattle was an interesting place in the
              60's, just like San Francisco and some other burgs of
              the times. tj