Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Non-Profit Entity

    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 10, 2006
      I'm glad to have help offered. Thanks. I've been out
      of retired almost 5 years now and haven't written a
      grant for nearly 7-8 years but I'll catch back up
      quickly. And to Michael, get it going and we'll
      collectively figure out details. Thanks for taking
      your time to do this. I'm going to the Library and
      see what info I can drum up on non-profits. I'll go
      online also. I think this is exciting and will really
      put us in a great place to wheel and deal. I've had
      to pass up some pieces that I just couldn't afford at
      that moment in time. I really hate to see some of his
      original artwork disappear. I really believe there
      are grant possibilities out there, even for an
      eventual conference where we can all meet and not just
      be cybertalkheads.

      --- Jackie Collins <jackiecollins@...>
      wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Regarding MTP's suggestion,
      I would also be willing to be involved in
      an administrative role, i.e. committee involvement.

      Aloha.........Jackie
      email: JackieCollins@...
      (All outgoing mail scanned by Norton Antivirus)

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 20, 2006
        Any new info on the Non-Profit? Anything I can do to
        help, I will do.....tj

        --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hello, all ...

        Thanks for bringing up the this topic again. I have
        been
        accumulating information re: non-profit organizations
        and/or
        foundations. Of particular concern is drafting
        by-laws -- which is
        required for the application.

        We will also need a slate of officers; whether we
        appoint or elect
        these is subject to further discussion. I would
        prefer to keep the
        financial aspects here in Washington State.

        May I ask that each of you with information to share
        please e-mail
        me privately, not to the group, so I can assemble the
        material for
        review and further discussion. The info will have to
        be in the
        body of an e-mail, not an attachment, since I cannot
        open Word or
        PDF documents.

        Please keep in mind that each state has different
        requirements and
        fees. I am using Washington State, since that is
        where I live. As
        best I can recall, the basic fee is only $150 or so.

        I'll look through the materials I already have, and
        try to make some
        phone calls within the next week or so.

        My goal is to have a non-profit in place by April 1 or
        shortly
        thereafter.

        Thanks,

        aloha-donblanding@...