Re: [aloha-donblanding] Non-Profit Entity

    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 9, 2006
      As it is, I will volunteer to take on the non-profit
      if you can get it going. I have experience in grant
      writing and one of my ideas when we last pursued this
      was to go after some grants that might fund our
      operations and give us the money to purchase and
      preserve what we buy. As I said, I am retired and I
      can put in some start up time to get it going. I will
      need some help from others as this would not be a one
      person operation. I think Cadia, Keith, Curt Blanding
      and a few others of long standing interest could help.
      If any of them want to take over and do it first,
      it's OK with me. I'll help in any way I can. I would
      even think we could get the money to help Keith finish
      this book with grants. Let me know progress or email
      separately if needed. Thanks for the ideas....tj

      --- Michael Pfeffer <michael@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      TJ,
      Great. I have put together several and served on too
      many. I will see if I
      can get something formed on the cheap and will get
      back to everyone with
      more info. They are relatively easy to form and we
      can get something set up
      without too much cost or work. It is having a few
      people involved who are
      dedicated to making things happen that really counts.
      Our family put
      together a non-profit to help preserve property and
      heirlooms and such and
      it languished for a year or so until a couple of
      cousins got serious about
      it and they have raised over $1Million in the last 2
      years so it can be
      done. If we can get going and raise even
      $5,000-$10,000 a year we could
      really make strides in getting DB's legacy preserved.
      . . I will try to get
      something pulled together this week and will get back
      to you all on it.

      Aloha, MTP

      Ps, anyone else want to get involved???

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 20, 2006
        Any new info on the Non-Profit? Anything I can do to
        help, I will do.....tj

        --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hello, all ...

        Thanks for bringing up the this topic again. I have
        been
        accumulating information re: non-profit organizations
        and/or
        foundations. Of particular concern is drafting
        by-laws -- which is
        required for the application.

        We will also need a slate of officers; whether we
        appoint or elect
        these is subject to further discussion. I would
        prefer to keep the
        financial aspects here in Washington State.

        May I ask that each of you with information to share
        please e-mail
        me privately, not to the group, so I can assemble the
        material for
        review and further discussion. The info will have to
        be in the
        body of an e-mail, not an attachment, since I cannot
        open Word or
        PDF documents.

        Please keep in mind that each state has different
        requirements and
        fees. I am using Washington State, since that is
        where I live. As
        best I can recall, the basic fee is only $150 or so.

        I'll look through the materials I already have, and
        try to make some
        phone calls within the next week or so.

        My goal is to have a non-profit in place by April 1 or
        shortly
        thereafter.

        Thanks,

        aloha-donblanding@...