Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Bidding wars

  • RSRICHMOND@aol.com
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 9, 2006
      >> I remember some references to DB's "toilet roll" from his Carmel days. It
      was a humorous reference to his using bulk rolls of paper to shoot off his
      verses and thoughts on his typewriter.<<

      I recall that the Beat Generation writer Jack Kerouac and L. Ron Hubbard
      (Dianetics and Scientology) used this roll-playing technique, and I once knew a
      medical technologist who did so also.

      Is everybody on this list old enough to remember what a typewriter was?

      Bob Richmond
      Knoxville TN and Gastonia NC

      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 20, 2006
        Any new info on the Non-Profit? Anything I can do to
        help, I will do.....tj

        --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hello, all ...

        Thanks for bringing up the this topic again. I have
        been
        accumulating information re: non-profit organizations
        and/or
        foundations. Of particular concern is drafting
        by-laws -- which is
        required for the application.

        We will also need a slate of officers; whether we
        appoint or elect
        these is subject to further discussion. I would
        prefer to keep the
        financial aspects here in Washington State.

        May I ask that each of you with information to share
        please e-mail
        me privately, not to the group, so I can assemble the
        material for
        review and further discussion. The info will have to
        be in the
        body of an e-mail, not an attachment, since I cannot
        open Word or
        PDF documents.

        Please keep in mind that each state has different
        requirements and
        fees. I am using Washington State, since that is
        where I live. As
        best I can recall, the basic fee is only $150 or so.

        I'll look through the materials I already have, and
        try to make some
        phone calls within the next week or so.

        My goal is to have a non-profit in place by April 1 or
        shortly
        thereafter.

        Thanks,

        aloha-donblanding@...