Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Bidding wars

    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 9, 2006
      Cadia: Yes, I knew there was a preset amount but I
      had to "nerve up" and just go for it at the end. I
      suspected it might be $250 which it was. So, I bid
      $260 and got one of them. I have contacted the seller
      and asked for assistance in contacting the other buyer
      and giving him/her my email address so we can possibly
      swap photocopies of the original poem. I didn't
      think that was interference as the auction was over
      and done with. I've done that before without
      problems. If so, I didn't know it was breach of
      Ebay's policies, etc. I remember some references to
      DB's "toilet roll" from his Carmel days. It was a
      humorous reference to his using bulk rolls of paper to
      shoot off his verses and thoughts on his typewriter.
      My collection is really growing. I'm in the process
      of photographing it as it has become more and more
      valuable and I probably need to insure it separately
      from my household. Maybe I should send you a digital
      card and you can add it to the website when I'm done.
      I'm monitoring Keith's DB negative photo also. I
      really like that one. tj

      --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Hi, TJ ...

      Glad to hear you were able to get at least one of the
      items. This
      was not really a "bidding war." One person had a high
      max bid almost
      from the beginning, and several others chased it.
      Since these were
      private auctions, it's hard to say if anyone bid
      multiple times.

      For what it's worth, I bid on both items, but at the
      lower end of the
      scale; was immediately outbid on one item (due to
      proxy) and outbid
      within minutes on the other. Neither of my bids was
      near the end
      time of the auctions.

      I suggest asking the seller if you can have a
      photocopy of the second
      item; never contact a buyer -- that's auction
      interference and a
      reason to be kicked off eBay!

      By the way, did you know that DB frequently rolled a
      long sheet of
      paper into his typewriter when he wrote? Even yards
      of it! These 2
      items were probably typed on whatever was handy at the
      time. The
      inscriptions to Charles Frazier may have been done
      somewhat later.

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Poetry
      writing Poetry book
      publisher Poetry
      book
      Blanding ut
      Poetry book publishing
      Poetry writing contest

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------
      Message 33 of 33 , Jan 20, 2006
        Any new info on the Non-Profit? Anything I can do to
        help, I will do.....tj

        --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hello, all ...

        Thanks for bringing up the this topic again. I have
        been
        accumulating information re: non-profit organizations
        and/or
        foundations. Of particular concern is drafting
        by-laws -- which is
        required for the application.

        We will also need a slate of officers; whether we
        appoint or elect
        these is subject to further discussion. I would
        prefer to keep the
        financial aspects here in Washington State.

        May I ask that each of you with information to share
        please e-mail
        me privately, not to the group, so I can assemble the
        material for
        review and further discussion. The info will have to
        be in the
        body of an e-mail, not an attachment, since I cannot
        open Word or
        PDF documents.

        Please keep in mind that each state has different
        requirements and
        fees. I am using Washington State, since that is
        where I live. As
        best I can recall, the basic fee is only $150 or so.

        I'll look through the materials I already have, and
        try to make some
        phone calls within the next week or so.

        My goal is to have a non-profit in place by April 1 or
        shortly
        thereafter.

        Thanks,

        aloha-donblanding@...