Re: Ebay Blanding auction site offerings

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2006
      Tom,

      We both have our eyes on the same prize. I'm leaving on Sunday for a week in San Francisco,
      but have programmed my auction bidder to place absentee bids on all three items. If I'm
      lucky enough to win any or all of the items I will gladly share copies with you.

      As for the photo negative...I contacted the seller and asked her if there were any more of
      Blanding. She had 11 Blanding negatives, which were all slightly damaged in some way. I paid
      her $100 for all of them and she sent them in the mail yesterday. She said the 11 negs were
      from a later sitting. My brother is a professional photographer and has provided me with the
      name of a company which restores damaged negatives...so we'll see what comes of it.

      I'll be attending the MacWorld Conference in S.F., and will be hitting the library and local
      bookstores in my spare time.

      Keith
    • Michael Pfeffer
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2006
        Hello all,
        Don't forget that I have pretty much all the DB pottery one could ever need and when the time comes will donate most to a museum so we are pretty well set on saving a representative sample of his stuff.

        Aloha, MTP

        I am more focused on the Flowers of the Rainbow
        Promo's. I'll let the negative go to you but I'll
        keep an eye on it. As you know I prefer to have the
        originals of things not copies and so the Flowers
        poems and promo is more my style. I'll bidding on
        those for sure and see how high the actually go. I
        have some limits also but would like to have at least
        one of them. You tend to buy and then sell later when
        you need cash which is understandable but I'll be
        keeping them for posterity and my eventual legacy to a
        museum of choice. We can share copies later or
        horsetrade. if we get them. tj

        --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
[...]

        aloha-donblanding@...

        Terms of Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2006
            Tom,

            Actually, I don't turn around and sell one-of-a-kind items...I hold
            onto them. The only things I sell are things I can replace at a
            later time, like books, magazines, promotional items, common photos
            and mass-produced letters. By selling some of my Blanding stuff, I
            have the cash to purchase more important items like those being
            auctioned this week. Vanessa doesn't allow me to use our household
            funds for my Blanding larks and research, hence the ebay side
            business.

            The photo negative is something that is one-of-a-kind and
            irreplaceable, so I'm bidding on that. Unfortunately, there is
            someone else that has already entered the bidding war...someone with
            the ebay handle 'tisador.' I would really like the Flowers of the
            Rainbow flyers/typewritten poems, but will refrain from bidding if
            you promise to win it (put a really high ceiling on your bid) and of
            course make copies for me. I would hate them to go to someone else
            who isn't willing to share. I was prepared to bid $125 each for them.