Re: [aloha-donblanding] Merry Christmas!

  • Michael Pfeffer
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005
      TJ,
      Spoken like a true Blanding-nut! Wishing all of you the very best and a Happy New Year.

      Aloha from Honolulu, Michael

      Great work Cadia. I agree with all the cudo's from us
      Blanding nuts. You are the spearhead for our
      continuing research and interest. Merry Christmas to
      all and a Happy New Year. tj

      --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      Yesterday, December 22, was the 89th anniversary of
      Don Blanding's
      arrival in Hawaii. In 1954, he wrote a lengthy
      article about that
      experience, which I am in the process of transcribing.
      Had hoped to
      have it ready by now but perhaps by the New Year.

      For now, may I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and
      say thanks for
      your continuing interest in Blanding, his life and
      work. The
      research goes on; even today I read August 1923
      microfilm for nearly
      2-1/2 hours. Only one item of interest so far, an
      article about the
      pending opening of Crossroads Studio by DB and Frank
      Moore.

      Fortunately, the Seattle library is open on Monday.
      While everyone
      else is out shopping the post-Christmas sales, I'll be
      at the library
      once again!

      Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!

      Sincerely,

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Poetry
      writing Poetry book