Merry Christmas!

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 23, 2005
      Yesterday, December 22, was the 89th anniversary of Don Blanding's
      arrival in Hawaii. In 1954, he wrote a lengthy article about that
      experience, which I am in the process of transcribing. Had hoped to
      have it ready by now but perhaps by the New Year.

      For now, may I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and say thanks for
      your continuing interest in Blanding, his life and work. The
      research goes on; even today I read August 1923 microfilm for nearly
      2-1/2 hours. Only one item of interest so far, an article about the
      pending opening of Crossroads Studio by DB and Frank Moore.

      Fortunately, the Seattle library is open on Monday. While everyone
      else is out shopping the post-Christmas sales, I'll be at the library
      once again!

      Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!

      Sincerely,

      ~~Cadia
    • pgbusi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 23, 2005
        Cadia, When it comes to keeping Don Blanding "alive" you are a real
        blessing. So is Keith. I believe though you started the research rolling and we of
        the Blanding faithful are certainly grateful for the thousands of hours you
        devoted to bringing back memories of his colorful and fascinating life.
        Aloha & MERRY CHRISTMAS

        Dean Gautschy

      • Mark Murray
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 23, 2005
          Greetings all...

          I'm in the back seat as far as research is concerned but I do enjoy all
          the information of and about Don.

          The only thing I can do is to wish you all the best of this Season and
          wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005
            TJ,
            Spoken like a true Blanding-nut! Wishing all of you the very best and a Happy New Year.

            Aloha from Honolulu, Michael

            Great work Cadia. I agree with all the cudo's from us
            Blanding nuts. You are the spearhead for our
            continuing research and interest. Merry Christmas to
            all and a Happy New Year. tj

            --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
[...]

            aloha-donblanding@...

            Poetry
            writing Poetry book
            publisher Poetry
            book
            Blanding ut
            Poetry book publishing
            Poetry writing contest

            Terms of Service.

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005
              Cadia,

              I agree with Dean...you have made so much happen with the Blanding
              research by providing this forum and your persistent delving into
              newspaper archives...Bravo!

              Merry Christmas everyone!

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005