Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Huge cache of books owned by Edythe Hope Genee

  • Heidi Wright
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2005
      All,

      I have been reading all the emails for forever but I have never posted. My mom used to read DB to me as a little girl and she has collected a few of his books. I fell in love with him also. In high school I committed several of his works to memory, including the very long Vagabond House. When I grew up I started adding to my collection. I always go into used book stores and look. I found one here in Olympia, Washington that will even go out and find them for me. I have a little collection now. The thing that I didn't realize would be of any interest to anyone but me is that in a couple of the books were notes and pictures, which look to me like Don signed himself. It never occurred to me anyone but me would be interested. I guess you all might. Now that I have posted this I have to go through all my books and find them I suppose. Be a good time to record which books I have also. I will update you after the holiday when I get a chance to go through them.

      And thank you the interesting board, I may not say much but I sure do enjoy reading all of your adventures.

      Heidi

      keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:
      Also, Tom...he said if you wanted to swing by and look at the books, that you should call
      first.

      ---------------------------------

      From: HeidiWrigh@...

      ~~~~_/) ~~~~~~

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
        Broadway Books, 4521 Ingot Lane, Garden City, CA
        95633, 530-333-4986, brdwybooks@...

        Keith ,

        Did you find out where the antique store in Roseville is and how to
        reach them? They may know where all this stuff came from and who to talk to
        about it. You have probable already talked to them. I have friends who
        live there and could ask them to check the place out.

        Christmas on Maui with out family was great, but too short.

        Hal & I wish you all the best for the New Year.

        Blanding ut Poetry book publishing Poetry writing contest

        Service.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
          In a message dated 12/31/2005 11:54:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          bevbach@... writes:

          brdwybooks@...

          Welcome, Back Bev---I know it hurts to leave Maui.....could no bring up
          nooks web site.
          Happy New Year, Dean

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
            Hi Bev, welcome back...and happy new year everyone!

            The antique store in Roseville closed its doors a few years back. The
            bookseller told me he was planning on speaking with the daughter of
            the former storeowner this month (January)...so we'll see if anything
            comes of that.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
              Happy New Year everyone!

              Keith,

              My friends from Roseville are at their condos on Maui right now, but if
              you get a name of the people who owned the antique store, I can ask them to
              look them up when they return home. Let me know if you want me to have them
              follow up on this.