Re: Huge cache of books owned by Edythe Hope Genee

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2005
      I'm sorry Tom...it's actually Garden Valley...I think it's about six miles north of Placerville.
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2005
        Also, Tom...he said if you wanted to swing by and look at the books, that you should call
        first.
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2005
          I phoned them already. They are about 1.5 hours from
          me but I won't be able to go there until after New
          Years. I have good friends up in that area. They
          haven't put everything on ABE yet. I asked them to be
          aware of any loose letters/photos, etc. I'm sure you
          did the same. I used to go through Garden Valley on
          my way to Georgetown which is an area I backpacked and
          fished in years ago. I can still backpack but someone
          else has to carry me...ha.....tj

          --- keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          I'm sorry Tom...it's actually Garden Valley...I think
          it's about six miles north of Placerville.

          aloha-donblanding@...

          Poetry
          writing Poetry book
          publisher Poetry
          book
          Blanding ut
          Poetry book publishing
          Poetry writing contest

          Terms of Service.

          ---------------------------------
        • Heidi Wright
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2005
            All,

            I have been reading all the emails for forever but I have never posted. My mom used to read DB to me as a little girl and she has collected a few of his books. I fell in love with him also. In high school I committed several of his works to memory, including the very long Vagabond House. When I grew up I started adding to my collection. I always go into used book stores and look. I found one here in Olympia, Washington that will even go out and find them for me. I have a little collection now. The thing that I didn't realize would be of any interest to anyone but me is that in a couple of the books were notes and pictures, which look to me like Don signed himself. It never occurred to me anyone but me would be interested. I guess you all might. Now that I have posted this I have to go through all my books and find them I suppose. Be a good time to record which books I have also. I will update you after the holiday when I get a chance to go through them.

            And thank you the interesting board, I may not say much but I sure do enjoy reading all of your adventures.

            Heidi

            From: HeidiWrigh@...

            ~~~~_/) ~~~~~~

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
              Broadway Books, 4521 Ingot Lane, Garden City, CA
              95633, 530-333-4986, brdwybooks@...

              Keith ,

              Did you find out where the antique store in Roseville is and how to
              reach them? They may know where all this stuff came from and who to talk to
              about it. You have probable already talked to them. I have friends who
              live there and could ask them to check the place out.

              Christmas on Maui with out family was great, but too short.

              Hal & I wish you all the best for the New Year.

              Blanding ut Poetry book publishing Poetry writing contest

              Service.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005
                In a message dated 12/31/2005 11:54:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                bevbach@... writes:

                brdwybooks@...

                Welcome, Back Bev---I know it hurts to leave Maui.....could no bring up
                nooks web site.
                Happy New Year, Dean

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
                  Hi Bev, welcome back...and happy new year everyone!

                  The antique store in Roseville closed its doors a few years back. The
                  bookseller told me he was planning on speaking with the daughter of
                  the former storeowner this month (January)...so we'll see if anything
                  comes of that.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
                    Happy New Year everyone!

                    Keith,

                    My friends from Roseville are at their condos on Maui right now, but if
                    you get a name of the people who owned the antique store, I can ask them to
                    look them up when they return home. Let me know if you want me to have them
                    follow up on this.