Re: [aloha-donblanding] Home safe

  • Karen Cotter
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2005
      Welcome home, Tom and wifey....we all await your Log of the BlandingMobile!
      K Cotter
    • Allen Dayton
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 11, 2005
        The following is from the July-August 2005 issue of Hawaii Magazine--
        page 12

        The city and county of Honolulu will observe the 100th anniversary of
        its establishment by honoring 100 notable citizens and staging 100
        events from July 1 of 2005 to July 1 of 2006. There will be a
        Centennial Ball on Nov. 17 for 6 to 10 PM at the Sheraton Waikiki. It
        will honor 100 residents who have made significant contributions to
        Honolulu over the past century. There will be 100 tables, each
        dedicated to one of the honorees.

        The Honolulu Centennial Celebration Commission was formed on march 14 to
        plan and implement the centennial celebration.

        Note that all events are subject to Change.

        For more information, call 808-523-4674 or email moca-info@...

        The article says that you can read more about Honolulu's history by
        perusing www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cchnl.htm#city

        I would certainly think that the contributions that Don Blanding made in
        literature, poetry, art, theater, radio, etc. would warrant his
        inclusion on the list. Other than e-mailing them with our
        recommendations, does anyone have good ideas how to best bring this to
        the Commission's attention? Tom, Cadia, Bev, Keith; you guys have been
        the most active--Any thoughts.

        :-) Al Dayton

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 11, 2005
          Mahalo Al for letting us all know about this.

          E-mail recommendations form all of us would certainly help. How about
          sending a favorite poem with our request, or a favorite piece of Don's art
          that we might have or can scan and send along?

          We definitely have enough history of his time in the Islands and how he
          helped tourism to send on to them. Inviting them to join our web site would
          give them more information than they would ever need.

          Let's hear from the rest of you.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 11, 2005
            With the Centenial Ball set for Nov 2005, my question
            would be; Are the 100 honoree's already chosen? If
            not, how do we get input into the selection? We have
            Michael Pfeiffer (sorry about the spelling Michael), a
            prominent resident of Honolulu who is in our group
            that could help us with this. Curt Blanding is also
            residing in Honolulu and might be able to get info for
            us. It would be important to find out who we need to
            talk to, email, phone, etc., in the event the
            honoree's are not yet chosen.
            Michael.....Curt....where are you? tj

            --- Allen Dayton <adayton@...> wrote:

            ---------------------------------
[...]

            aloha-donblanding@...

            Poetry
            writing Poetry book
            publisher Poetry
            book
            Blanding ut
            Poetry book publishing
            Poetry writing contest

            Terms of Service.

            ---------------------------------
          • Michael
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 11, 2005
              Hi, michael here. I am on the Big Island until Wednesday, but will figure
              out what we need to do when I get backm aloha, michael
              ___
              Sent with SnapperMail
              www.snappermail.com

            • Allen Dayton
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 11, 2005
                Michael! That is great! We need to make a professional presentation
                for the nomination stressing Don's contributions to Honolulu and Hawaii,
                particularly Lei Day, the Hawaiian Shirt, his articles in the Honolulu
                Newspapers, his participation in the Honolulu theater, etc as well as
                his writings and his art. I also wonder if someone at the University of
                Hawaii and Bishop Museum would also endorse the nomination. It would be
                great if someone like Jim Whiteley and the Great Plains Museum would be
                willing to help. Perhaps the Mayor of Lawton could also write a
                letter. These are just ideas and I hope others can provide better ones.
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 11, 2005
                  Thanks Michael......maybe Desoto Brown might be able
                  to help or give info on this. He could be very
                  helpful, I think....tj

                  ---------------------------------

                  <tjmarkle@...> wrote:
                  >With the Centenial Ball set for Nov 2005, my question
                  >would be; Are the 100 honoree's already chosen? If
                  >not, how do we get input into the selection? We have
                  >Michael Pfeiffer (sorry about the spelling Michael),
                  >prominent resident of Honolulu who is in our group
                  >that could help us with this. Curt Blanding is also
                  >residing in Honolulu and might be able to get info
                  for
                  >us. It would be important to find out who we need to
                  >talk to, email, phone, etc., in the event the
                  >honoree's are not yet chosen.
                  >Michael.....Curt....where are you? tj
                  >
                  >--- Allen Dayton <adayton@...> wrote:
                  >

                  >---------------------------------
                  >The following is from the July-August 2005 issue of
                  >Hawaii Magazine--
                  >page 12
                  >
                  >The city and county of Honolulu will observe the
                  100th
                  >anniversary of
                  >its establishment by honoring 100 notable citizens
                  and
                  >staging 100
                  >events from July 1 of 2005 to July 1 of 2006. There
                  >will be a
                  >Centennial Ball on Nov. 17 for 6 to 10 PM at the
                  >Sheraton Waikiki. It
                  >will honor 100 residents who have made significant
                  >contributions to
                  >Honolulu over the past century. There will be 100
                  >tables, each
                  >dedicated to one of the honorees.
                  >
                  >The Honolulu Centennial Celebration Commission was
                  >formed on march 14 to
                  >plan and implement the centennial celebration.
                  >
                  >Note that all events are subject to Change.
                  >
                  >For more information, call 808-523-4674 or email
                  >moca-info@...
                  >
                  >The article says that you can read more about
                  >Honolulu's history by
                  >perusing www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cchnl.htm#city
                  >
                  >I would certainly think that the contributions that
                  >Don Blanding made in
                  >literature, poetry, art, theater, radio, etc. would
                  >warrant his
                  >inclusion on the list. Other than e-mailing them
                  with
                  >our
                  >recommendations, does anyone have good ideas how to
                  >best bring this to
                  >the Commission's attention? Tom, Cadia, Bev, Keith;
                  >you guys have been
                  >the most active--Any thoughts.
                  >
                  >:-) Al Dayton

                  >aloha-donblanding@...