Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: need help

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23, 2005
      Thanks Cadia, appreciate this help. I"ve emailed him
      but no results yet and wasn't sure I had the correct
      address for him, etc. Met an old friend of yours,
      whose card is back at the motorhome and I can't
      remember what it was right now, but he works for
      Replacements, Inc., in North Carolina which my wife
      and I visited. They had some DB ceramics in their
      museum and he was the one who came down to speak to me
      about them, etc. He was from Seattle and new you
      personally and may have been a seller also. I'll get
      his name and email you that on the next stop where I
      can get online. Its a small world isn't it! In
      Savannah right now and it is hot/humid with LOUD
      thunderstorms booming overhead. Will start my
      westward trip as of tomorrow and be home in about 6
      weeks after 5 months on the road. tj

      --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      TJ ...

      I sent an e-mail tonight to Jim Whiteley (note correct
      spelling) to the
      only addy I have.

      Beyond that, if I am not working on Tuesday, I may be
      able to call the
      museum and find out more info for you.

      Safe travels!

      ~~Cadia
      duchess@...

      aloha-donblanding@...

      Poetry
      writing Poetry book
      Poet writer

      Terms of Service.

      ---------------------------------
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 24, 2005
        Thanks for the help. Jim contacted me and I have all
        the info I need now. Touring the Museum will be a
        real Blanding treat for me. Should be there around
        the 20th of Sept or so. Starting my Westard Ho trek
        today, heading out of Savannah for Atlanta, Memphis
        and then New Orleans and all parts in between those
        major stops. Lots of Lightening/thunder here and so,
        glad to leave it behind. Savannah is the BEST
        southern city we have been in. Great place, great
        food (added 2 lbs with fried chicken, okra, black eyed
        peas, mustard greens and breads......yum yum.
        Aloha....tj

        ---------------------------------

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 24, 2005
          Hi, TJ ...

          I'm glad Jim got back to you so quickly and that you'll be able to meet
          in Lawton.

          Where will you be between September 7 and 11? I'll be in San Antonio
          (Live Oak, actually) for a show that week. Any chance you'll be in the
          vicinity?

          Oh-my-gosh! You met my pal Jaime Robinson at Replacements Ltd.
          Haven't seen him for a couple of years since he and author Dean Six
          were back in Seattle for a glass show. If I had known you were going
          there I'd have hollered ahead and asked him to set up a grand tour for
          you! (I'm sure you were treated royally anyway ... the folks at
          Replacements are the best!)

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 26, 2005
            When you are in San Antonio, I'll be in New Orleans,
            hurricane or not...ha. ha. Thanks for the help and
            your friend
            Jamie gave me some great info and talked to me for 1/2
            hour or so. He was really surprised that I knew you,
            as was I, that he knew you. It is a small world.
            Aloha....tj