Re: Where am I???

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2005
      Hello, TJ, thanks for checking in!

      DB's address in NYC was 145 East 40th St., a couple blocks south of
      Grand Central Station in the Murray Hill District. By now, the
      address is probably a modern co-op or apartment building, or may have
      been swallowed up by a much larger building.

      The reference to being "in the shadow of the Empire State Building" is
      not too far off, however. Even though the ESB is on the west side,
      it's within a brisk 10-minute walk. In the mid-1960s, I lived on East
      36th St. (a scant 4 blocks from DB's address, had I only known!), and
      frequently walked over there to meet visitors on the observation deck.

      Please let us know your next destination(s) ... for addresses and
      directions that might be useful.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
        tj has been through NYC, Boston, Philly, Fredrick,
        several small historic burgs and now in DC, leaving
        tomorrow for Virgina somewhere.....will begin heading
        West late next week and will make stops in Taos and
        Great Plains Museum on the way back. No one on the
        East Coast in any Vistors Bureau has heard of ole DB,
        neither has any antique dealer that I've talked to so
        far. I keep asking though, never know when you score
        the big one. Life is good, money is getting shorter
        and shorter (we're staying in truck stops and
        Crackerbarrel restaurants when we can because it is
        free. To bad I don't have the stuff DB had or I could
        overnight at the White House which we toured today.
        life is good...tj

        --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
[...]

        aloha-donblanding@...

        Terms of Service.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
          Thanks for the update. It has been fun traveling with you in the Blanding
          Mobile.

          --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

[...]

          Poet writer

          Service.