Where am I???

  • Tom Markle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2005
      tj was in NY yesterday and walked all around the Empire State Building
      looking for that damn blue door that DB saw and then rented.....ha. What a
      zoo NY is. We are 2 months into our 5 month trip and haven't had any
      Blanding revelations since Yellowstone. Oh well, the trip is good...tj
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2005
        Hello, TJ, thanks for checking in!

        DB's address in NYC was 145 East 40th St., a couple blocks south of
        Grand Central Station in the Murray Hill District. By now, the
        address is probably a modern co-op or apartment building, or may have
        been swallowed up by a much larger building.

        The reference to being "in the shadow of the Empire State Building" is
        not too far off, however. Even though the ESB is on the west side,
        it's within a brisk 10-minute walk. In the mid-1960s, I lived on East
        36th St. (a scant 4 blocks from DB's address, had I only known!), and
        frequently walked over there to meet visitors on the observation deck.

        Please let us know your next destination(s) ... for addresses and
        directions that might be useful.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
          tj has been through NYC, Boston, Philly, Fredrick,
          several small historic burgs and now in DC, leaving
          tomorrow for Virgina somewhere.....will begin heading
          West late next week and will make stops in Taos and
          Great Plains Museum on the way back. No one on the
          East Coast in any Vistors Bureau has heard of ole DB,
          neither has any antique dealer that I've talked to so
          far. I keep asking though, never know when you score
          the big one. Life is good, money is getting shorter
          and shorter (we're staying in truck stops and
          Crackerbarrel restaurants when we can because it is
          free. To bad I don't have the stuff DB had or I could
          overnight at the White House which we toured today.
          life is good...tj

          --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
[...]

          aloha-donblanding@...

          Terms of Service.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 27, 2005
            Thanks for the update. It has been fun traveling with you in the Blanding
            Mobile.

            --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

[...]

            Poet writer

            Service.