DB on tour - 1942

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      Thanks to very useful details in several of the Fort Pierce daily
      newspaper columns written by DB, I should be able to construct a "map"
      of his whereabouts for January through May, 1942.

      This week I have been reading the Seattle Times and Post-
      Intelligencer; DB was HQ'd in Seattle from about March 17 to April 9,
      including speaking engagements and book signings in cities from
      Bellingham to Puyallup to Olympia. The Times and PI have yielded
      several articles and ads; I'll take a look at the Seattle Star
      microfilm this weekend.

      If anyone has direct access to microfilm of papers in these other
      Puget Sound locations, please let me know. Otherwise, I may be doing
      some library-hopping!

      Before Seattle, DB apparently was in Salt Lake City; after Seattle, he
      was in Portland, Oregon, for a couple of weeks before continuing on to
      points south.