Steamer passenger lists

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2005
      Aloha Cadia,
      -----Original Message-----
      From: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Cadia Los
      Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:57 PM

      I am currently reading more of the S-B from 1916, 1917 and December
      1955. The other night I happened on the name "Will Lewers" on a
      steamer passenger list, arriving in Honolulu from San Francisco in
      November 1917.

      You mentioned above that you are reading the Star-Bulleting (I think
      that is what S-B means). do they list passengers coming to and going from
      Honolulu? I want to look for some dates and have not had much luck with the
      Advertiser.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 24, 2005
        Hi, Bev ...

        Yes, especially before 1950, the Star-Bulletin lists steamer
        passengers, and even has some photos. After 1950, the chances are less
        certain but there are often news items about arriving/departing
        passengers.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 24, 2005
          Thanks Cadia,

          I'll check it out. I'll be back on Maui in August to fix up our condo and
          hopefully visit the library.

          Mahalo,

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 25, 2005
            You lookin" for a house sitter there? We're always avaialble for that kind
            of dirty work. Thanks, Allen

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 25, 2005
              Thanks, but just looking for renters when not there.
              You lookin" for a house sitter there? We're always avaialble for that
              kind
              of dirty work. Thanks, Allen
              > I'll check it out. I'll be back on Maui in August to fix up our condo
              and
              > hopefully visit the library.
              >
              > Mahalo,
              >
              > Bev.