Blanding & Kimble families in same place - finally!

  • donwen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      Great super sleuthing Cadia, keep up the good work!
      Donna
      aloha->donblanding@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >While trying, without success, to find Ida Kimble Bacon on the 1880 census,
      I stumbled >across the Blanding-Kimble link that has eluded me for years....

    • donwen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
        Here's another connection of the Kimbles in the same town as the Blandings in
        1880...
        It looks like Ida Kimble Bacon's brother, Erastus, (if this is the right
        Erastus) was also living in Wahpeton, Richland Co., Dakota Territory according to
        the 1880 census, living with the Kasek family:

        Name spouse or parents names residence 1880
        est birthdate / place

        relationship to head of household
        Henry KASEK John KASEK,Katie KASEK Wahpeton, Richland, DT <1863> BOH
        Son
        John KASEK Katie KASEK Wahpeton, Richland, DT<1808>
        BOH Self
        Katie KASEK John KASEK Wahpeton, Richland, DT<1812>
        BOH Wife
        Erastus KIMBLE Wahpeton, Richland, DT<1852> Wisconsin
        something other than a direct relationship

        Donna
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
          Hi, Donna ...

          I'm not surprised to find Erastus Kimble listed in 2 households --
          chances are the enumerations were done on different dates, or both
          locations claimed him as "present" even if he wasn't.

          On the 1920 census, Don Blanding is listed twice, too. Once in
          Rockford, Illinois, and once in Lawton, Oklahoma. Different dates.