From Here To Eternity

  • Tom Markle
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2005
      Anyone have a copy of this book? Towards the end of this famous book there
      is a reference to DB or the use of one of his famous Hawaiian phrases. Thats
      all I know, so please, someone look it up and see if it is there......another
      roadside tidbit I gleaned somewhere between Bend and Livingston.....tj
    • pgbusi@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2005
        TJ---What book?
        Keep up the excellent research.
        Dean

        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2005
          Tom,

          I mentioned this back in Oct. 2003, Here's the text:

          From Here to Eternity
          by James Jones

          on Page 843:

          ". . . threw your lei overboard as you passed Diamond Head it would tell you
          whether you would ever come back again. Don Blanding had squeezed a few poems and a
          great many tears out of it. Karen did not think she would ever . . ."