Re: [aloha-donblanding] Merry Christmas!

  • cheryl valentino
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2004
      Aloha Kathy,

      Cheryl Lani Valentino sending you a note...I'm on the
      Big Island too..in Hilo right now on Lanikaula St. at
      my dear friend's hale...checking email...and then my
      friend shows her Don Blanding plate...cool...I'm a
      local Hilo woman but living in Vallejo, CA..last 4
      years.....visiting family and fiends for the
      holidays....nice talking to you...Hauoli Makahiki Hou

      http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 23, 2005
        Yesterday, December 22, was the 89th anniversary of Don Blanding's
        arrival in Hawaii. In 1954, he wrote a lengthy article about that
        experience, which I am in the process of transcribing. Had hoped to
        have it ready by now but perhaps by the New Year.

        For now, may I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and say thanks for
        your continuing interest in Blanding, his life and work. The
        research goes on; even today I read August 1923 microfilm for nearly
        2-1/2 hours. Only one item of interest so far, an article about the
        pending opening of Crossroads Studio by DB and Frank Moore.

        Fortunately, the Seattle library is open on Monday. While everyone
        else is out shopping the post-Christmas sales, I'll be at the library
        once again!

        Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!

        Sincerely,

        ~~Cadia
      • pgbusi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 23, 2005
          Cadia, When it comes to keeping Don Blanding "alive" you are a real
          blessing. So is Keith. I believe though you started the research rolling and we of
          the Blanding faithful are certainly grateful for the thousands of hours you
          devoted to bringing back memories of his colorful and fascinating life.
          Aloha & MERRY CHRISTMAS

          Dean Gautschy

        • Mark Murray
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 23, 2005
            Greetings all...

            I'm in the back seat as far as research is concerned but I do enjoy all
            the information of and about Don.

            The only thing I can do is to wish you all the best of this Season and
            wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

            Mark

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005
              TJ,
              Spoken like a true Blanding-nut! Wishing all of you the very best and a Happy New Year.

              Aloha from Honolulu, Michael

              Great work Cadia. I agree with all the cudo's from us
              Blanding nuts. You are the spearhead for our
              continuing research and interest. Merry Christmas to
              all and a Happy New Year. tj

              --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

              ---------------------------------
[...]

              aloha-donblanding@...

              Poetry
              writing Poetry book
              publisher Poetry
              book
              Blanding ut
              Poetry book publishing
              Poetry writing contest

              Terms of Service.

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005
                Cadia,

                I agree with Dean...you have made so much happen with the Blanding
                research by providing this forum and your persistent delving into
                newspaper archives...Bravo!

                Merry Christmas everyone!

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 24, 2005