Re: [aloha-donblanding] Merry Christmas!

  • charonkat@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28 9:59 PM
      Cadia,
      You are awesome.......

      Mele Kalikimaka

      from Kathy on the Big Island

    • cheryl valentino
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30 12:11 PM
        Aloha Kathy,

        Cheryl Lani Valentino sending you a note...I'm on the
        Big Island too..in Hilo right now on Lanikaula St. at
        my dear friend's hale...checking email...and then my
        friend shows her Don Blanding plate...cool...I'm a
        local Hilo woman but living in Vallejo, CA..last 4
        years.....visiting family and fiends for the
        holidays....nice talking to you...Hauoli Makahiki Hou

        http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 23 4:29 PM
          Yesterday, December 22, was the 89th anniversary of Don Blanding's
          arrival in Hawaii. In 1954, he wrote a lengthy article about that
          experience, which I am in the process of transcribing. Had hoped to
          have it ready by now but perhaps by the New Year.

          For now, may I wish each of you a Merry Christmas and say thanks for
          your continuing interest in Blanding, his life and work. The
          research goes on; even today I read August 1923 microfilm for nearly
          2-1/2 hours. Only one item of interest so far, an article about the
          pending opening of Crossroads Studio by DB and Frank Moore.

          Fortunately, the Seattle library is open on Monday. While everyone
          else is out shopping the post-Christmas sales, I'll be at the library
          once again!

          Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!

          Sincerely,

          ~~Cadia
        • pgbusi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 23 4:52 PM
            Cadia, When it comes to keeping Don Blanding "alive" you are a real
            blessing. So is Keith. I believe though you started the research rolling and we of
            the Blanding faithful are certainly grateful for the thousands of hours you
            devoted to bringing back memories of his colorful and fascinating life.
            Aloha & MERRY CHRISTMAS

            Dean Gautschy

          • Mark Murray
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 23 5:26 PM
              Greetings all...

              I'm in the back seat as far as research is concerned but I do enjoy all
              the information of and about Don.

              The only thing I can do is to wish you all the best of this Season and
              wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

              Mark

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 24 1:47 AM
                TJ,
                Spoken like a true Blanding-nut! Wishing all of you the very best and a Happy New Year.

                Aloha from Honolulu, Michael

                Great work Cadia. I agree with all the cudo's from us
                Blanding nuts. You are the spearhead for our
                continuing research and interest. Merry Christmas to
                all and a Happy New Year. tj

                --- Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

                ---------------------------------
[...]

                aloha-donblanding@...

                Poetry
                writing Poetry book
                publisher Poetry
                book
                Blanding ut
                Poetry book publishing
                Poetry writing contest

                Terms of Service.

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 24 6:22 AM
                  Cadia,

                  I agree with Dean...you have made so much happen with the Blanding
                  research by providing this forum and your persistent delving into
                  newspaper archives...Bravo!

                  Merry Christmas everyone!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 24 9:07 AM