Re: Woodblock mystery continues

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      tj

      After reading your last post I also did a little searching on Earl
      Washington's grandson and he is definately a very shady character.
      For years, he has made a very good living forging prints by his
      grandfather, as well as other well-known artists. He is banned from
      selling on ebay and the FBI has had an open case on him for awhile.
      He even got caught selling forgories of Rockwell Kent's work...so
      its not that much of a stretch to presume that he may have forged
      Don Blanding, a person long associated with Rockwell Kent through
      Vernonware designs (although Don was not as famous as Rockwell.)

      I would like to get Michael Pfeffer involved in this discussion,
      because if I'm not mistaken, Michael bought a whole collection of
      Blanding woodblocks from an individual a few years ago, and he might
      be able to shed some light on things.

      Michael are you out there?