DB Columns - October-December 1956 Honolulu Star-Bulletin

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2004
      Hello, all ...

      I've just uploaded another batch of DB's Star-Bulletin columns --
      this time from October-December 1956. For some reason, I am missing
      a copy of December 1, but will try to get that soon.

      Does anyone have direct access to S-B microfilm who can locate and
      fax or mail me a copy of this one column?

      After spending some time yesterday to organize my stacks of 1950s
      material, I finally determined that the "Hawaii Says Aloha" columns
      became "Don Blanding Says Aloha" on July 21, 1956.

      You may read the October-December columns at

      http://www.speakeasy.org/~duchess/db-aloha56-4.html

      or access them in Files: Publications: Honolulu Star-Bulletin: 1956
      Columns.

      You'll note that Proquest came in handy in reseaching the story of
      the 1942 lunar eclipse mentioned in one of the 1956 columns.

      ~~C~~