RE: [aloha-donblanding] Blanding in the Los Angeles Times

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21 11:57 PM
      Oh thanks Keith,

      I was just about to ask you about Armine and Al Ball in the L A Times.

      Mahalo,

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22 10:12 AM
        Hi, Keith ...

        Ain't Proquest wonderful?

        Since you mentioned it to me more than a year ago, I'm surprised you
        had not discovered that the Los Angeles Times is available to
        virtually anyone with access to a computer and a major library's
        catalog.

        At the time, the Seattle library made Proquest available only at its
        branches, but more recently I've been able to obtain articles from
        the New York Times and was just about to start on the Los Angeles
        Times. I sure wish the Honolulu and Seattle papers were part of the
        program!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22 5:10 PM
          Phooey! The Seattle library no longer lists the Los Angeles Times
          archives (before 1985) as one of the "coming soon" databases.

          Back to the drawings boards ...