July-September 1954 Honolulu Star-Bulletin Columns

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2004
      Hello, all ...

      I've transcribed the Star-Bulletin columns from July-September 1954.
      You may read them at

      http://www.speakeasy.org/~duchess/db-aloha54-3.html

      Eventually I'll upload them to the group website, too, but I want to
      make some changes to the content. Since I have additional material
      from this time period, I'm going to transfer the "On the Cover" items
      to a different section and add images. There will also be a major
      article by DB titled "My Hawaii," published September 11, 1954 in the
      S-B's Hawaiian Life magazine section. That issue's cover is a
      wonderful photo of DB.

      I am just back from 3 days in Portland (tramping Expo) and before
      that, 5 days in Omaha/Council Bluffs. Lots to catch up on; I'll try
      to work on this project again later this week.

      But I thought you'd enjoy reading these pieces now.

      I have added to the Files a brief item about DB's emergency
      appendectomy; it's in Files: Publications: Honolulu Star-Bulletin:
      1954 Articles on Don Blanding.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2004
        Thanks Cadia, for all your effort. Those articles are a joy to read!