Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Dead Poets Society

  • Tom Harrington
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 24, 2004
      Sorry Karen, but I would have to beg to differ with you on the timber
      industry in Northern California. While there are areas that are depressed,
      my husband is a registered professional forester here and there are LOTS of
      trees. His company (a private timber company-not government), plants at
      least 5 trees for each tree harvested. So in our area timber reigns king.
      There are still houses to be found for the $150-250,00 price range, but they
      are becoming fewer and far between because of all the "equity immigrants"
      moving up from the bay area. We do have small manufacturing and industry
      moving in because of the lower costs of doing business.

      Gayle - in the Redding, CA area