Re: 1924 Honolulu Star-Bulletin

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 10, 2003
      > ARTISTS' MOTHER GOOSE
      > Bow wow wow!
      > Whose ball art thou?
      > Kimo's or Blanding's ball,
      > Quat'z Arts, Wow!

      You may be right, Keith. Or, since "Mother Goose" had so many
      children she didn't know what to do," perhaps either Wilder or
      Blanding asked for a little help and the ball suddenly became a joint
      effort. Mentions of the ball in later years give credit to both men
      for the project.

      Whenever I read of Quat'z Arts ball or Blanding's elaborate 1920s
      revues such as "Dream Girls," "Tropic Topics" or "Hula Moon," I
      can't help but wish that a modern producer could recreate the event.
      My imagination pictures a cross between Rudolf Friml's operettas and
      MGM musicals -- Hawiian style!