The Wilders

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2003
      James Austin "Kimo" Wilder (1868-1934), who incidentally founded the Sea Scouts,
      was married to Sarah Harnden Wilder. They had two children that I know of: James A.
      H. "Jimmy" Wilder, and a daughter, Kinau Wilder. Jimmy Wilder married a woman
      named Betty, and they had a daughter.

      Kinau married Rear Admiral Charles Butler McVay III... the man who was court-
      martialed for the sinking of the USS Indianapolis. Their son was Kimo Wilder McVay,
      who was the grandson of Kimo Wilder, and the nephew of Jimmy Wilder.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2003
        > ARTISTS' MOTHER GOOSE
        > Bow wow wow!
        > Whose ball art thou?
        > Kimo's or Blanding's ball,
        > Quat'z Arts, Wow!

        You may be right, Keith. Or, since "Mother Goose" had so many
        children she didn't know what to do," perhaps either Wilder or
        Blanding asked for a little help and the ball suddenly became a joint
        effort. Mentions of the ball in later years give credit to both men
        for the project.

        Whenever I read of Quat'z Arts ball or Blanding's elaborate 1920s
        revues such as "Dream Girls," "Tropic Topics" or "Hula Moon," I
        can't help but wish that a modern producer could recreate the event.
        My imagination pictures a cross between Rudolf Friml's operettas and
        MGM musicals -- Hawiian style!