Re: Ida Kimble Blanding

  • donwen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2003
      Keith,
      Congratulations on getting Ida Kimble Blanding's death certificate to
      get the death date nailed down. Sometimes we overlook the obvious. It looks
      like James Blanding died 1926 in Honolulu? Do you have a month and day? I'm
      always one to get a death certificate if possible. I will try to get James
      death certificate and obit if they're here in Honolulu. Do you have a death
      certificate for Hugh Ross Blanding?
      Aloha, Donna

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2003
        Donna,

        We don't have death certificates from either James of Hugh.

        Hugh died June 13, 1921 and James died sometime during the first week
        of November, 1926.

        Dean has already supplied us with Don's death certificate.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2003
          You probably won't find a death certificate for Hugh; he died in
          Lawton, Oklahoma in 1902, before statehood.

          Hugh Ross Blanding died in June 1921; James died October 31, 1926,
          both in Honolulu. Information on both is in the Files.

          Thanks for finally determining the date of Ida's death -- I read
          virtually every line of the Star-Bulletin for 1928 and there was no
          mention. Considering DB's popularity at that time, I am genuinely
          surprised! DB had already planned to leave Honolulu in September for
          New York. "Vagabond's House" was accepted for Fall publication on
          May 1 (Lei Day) so his presence in New York was a given.

          Today and Wednesday I'm finishing up the batch of early 1954
          microfilm and will then take a look at the Seattle newspapers for
          Fall 1928. Unless DB was doing a book promotion tour, there's not
          likely to be anything, but it's worth a try.

          ~~C~~