Re: Ida Kimble Blanding

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2003
      Gay,

      Finding Don's art is hit and miss. Occasionally something comes up on
      ebay. There are two of his prints for sale, which are great for
      framing, at http://www.don-blanding.com/forsale.htm

      Keith
    • donwen@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
        Thanks Keith for the info on Ida Kimble Blanding fall and death. Did you
        find it in a newspaper obiturary? I think I'll try to look up her address at
        1415 Kinau St. - maybe an old house is still there.
        Aloha, Donna Wendt

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
          Aloha Donna,

          We had been wondering about Ida's death date for years, and I finally got wise and
          just sent in an application for a death certificate (and $10) to the Hawaii State
          Department of Health, stating that the death was anywhere between 1926 and 1928.
          They were amazingly fast! I sent the check on Nov. 3rd...and got the certificate in the
          mail on the 11th. That's the fastest I've ever had something like that get turned
          around.

          I wonder if it would be a good idea to get certificates for Hugh and James Blanding?
          What do you think?

          Now that we know when Ida died, maybe we should pull an obit for her.

          Keith

          > Thanks Keith for the info on Ida Kimble Blanding fall and death.
          Did you
          > find it in a newspaper obiturary? I think I'll try to look up her
          address at
          > 1415 Kinau St. - maybe an old house is still there.
          > Aloha, Donna Wendt

        • lowry66
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
            Terrific Keith. I am pretty busy right now, but should be able to
            check the Lawton papers next week and see if it is mentioned.
            Jim W.
          • pgbusi@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 16, 2003
              Keith--Didn't I send you last year DB's death certificate. If not I have it.
              Cheers, Dean
              P.S. Keep up the good DB work.

            • donwen@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 17, 2003
                Keith,
                I'll try to get the death certificates, etc.
                Donna