Ida Kimble Blanding

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 12, 2003
      To the Blanding genealogists: Cadia, Curt, Donna, etc...

      For your records, Don Blanding's mother, Ida Kimble Blanding, died on
      July 24, 1928 at 5:15 a.m. She had fallen on her hip while walking at
      her home at 1415 Kinau Street four days earlier. The official cause
      of death was bronchial pnemonia.

      Interestingly enough, Don spread her ashes off the sea of oahu on
      Sept. 18, 1937...nine years later...while he was visiting Hawaii from
      his home in Carmel.

      Keith
    • missndn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 12, 2003
        Hi,

        Can any of you tell me if it is possible to purchase any of Don
        Blanding's art at this time? Also, what books have his art in them? I have the
        Floridays and I love the poetry and the art so very much. Thanks.
        Gay

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2003
          Gay,

          Finding Don's art is hit and miss. Occasionally something comes up on
          ebay. There are two of his prints for sale, which are great for
          framing, at http://www.don-blanding.com/forsale.htm

          Keith
        • donwen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
            Thanks Keith for the info on Ida Kimble Blanding fall and death. Did you
            find it in a newspaper obiturary? I think I'll try to look up her address at
            1415 Kinau St. - maybe an old house is still there.
            Aloha, Donna Wendt

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
              Aloha Donna,

              We had been wondering about Ida's death date for years, and I finally got wise and
              just sent in an application for a death certificate (and $10) to the Hawaii State
              Department of Health, stating that the death was anywhere between 1926 and 1928.
              They were amazingly fast! I sent the check on Nov. 3rd...and got the certificate in the
              mail on the 11th. That's the fastest I've ever had something like that get turned
              around.

              I wonder if it would be a good idea to get certificates for Hugh and James Blanding?
              What do you think?

              Now that we know when Ida died, maybe we should pull an obit for her.

              Keith

              > Thanks Keith for the info on Ida Kimble Blanding fall and death.
              Did you
              > find it in a newspaper obiturary? I think I'll try to look up her
              address at
              > 1415 Kinau St. - maybe an old house is still there.
              > Aloha, Donna Wendt

            • lowry66
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 13, 2003
                Terrific Keith. I am pretty busy right now, but should be able to
                check the Lawton papers next week and see if it is mentioned.
                Jim W.
              • pgbusi@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 16, 2003
                  Keith--Didn't I send you last year DB's death certificate. If not I have it.
                  Cheers, Dean
                  P.S. Keep up the good DB work.

                • donwen@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 17, 2003
                    Keith,
                    I'll try to get the death certificates, etc.
                    Donna