appraisals, etc.

  • tjmarkle@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      I've spent quite a bit of time on-line talking briefly with various appraisers and appraisal firms. Some won't even talk with you, they simply aren't interested in what we have or specialize in other material. Those that did talk with me said, after a couple of emails back and forth, that I or our group would be the best appraisers to establish worth of a Blanding item. So, I take the advice of the group and will look at what I have and set my own "market based" prices on what I have.
      I will come back to the group on a few items I own as they are truely "one of a kind" items, such as my original manuscript of "No Strings on Tomorrow". I'm not sure how to put a value on that piece as I am positive that it is the original manuscript and not a copy. I have some other ephemera from Da Box in Carmel also that I will later describe and ask for opinions on value. If anyone in our group has a "feel" for such one of a kind paper items, talk at me....
      Thanks for all the input. Now I can insert a new page into my living will and trust and be assured that my grandkids don't just put everything in a damn garage sale for pennies when I'm gone (smile). tj