Two interesting finds

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2003
      I bought two interesting books this week:

      One is a book of poetry named "MUSINGS II" (1955) by Charles Drew, a former San
      Diego Navy man. The book was gift incribed to Don Blanding on one of
      Don's visits to San Diego. Don more than likely passed it on to another friend at some
      point, because it ended up in the hands of a Georgia bookseller.

      The second book is a play named "Assembly Call: A Flyer's Dad" written by Jack
      Preston (Sept. 1943) about the son he lost in the war. I believe Blanding bought this
      book from a Hollywood bookstore and gave it to a friend, as there is a gift inscription
      by Don in the front of the book. I got this book at an Orange, CA bookseller.

      So one of the books was given TO Don...and the other one was given FROM him.
      They are both 1st editions and will make nice companion pieces for my collection.