Re: DB Inscription to Nora?

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
      Michelle,

      You emailed me last night and said the name was Nora Hefley M???? -
      which is it? Hefley or Henley?

      What Blanding/Northe books do you own?

      Keith

      > First, let me say that I stumbled across your group while
      researching
      > several books I purchased by James Neill Northe and Don Blandings,
      > and found you to be a friendly and intelligent group. So, I hope
      you
      > won't mind if I pop in to ask a quick question. The books that I
      have
      > are inscribed to a Nora Henley M???? (I think the last name may be
      > Maloy, but I am not certain). They are dated in the years 1935-
      1943.
      > I have searched through the archives and Google, and cannot find
      > anything firm. Would any of you kind folks have any idea who Nora
      > might be? Many thanks for any assistance!
      >

      > Best Wishes,
      > Michelle
    • palmerbooks2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
        Hi Keith,

        What I have is the 25th printing (the one in blue leather) of
        Vagabond's House, and the first edition of Pilot Bails Out. I also
        have the signed limited of Gonfalon by Northe with the Blanding
        frontis, and Threads and Shadows with the Burridges linoleum cuts.
        I'm trying to track down what became of the other books that were at
        the estate sale I purchased these from, as I didn't have enough cash
        at the time and had to pass on several.
        I believe the name of the recepient is Nora Hefley Maloy, although
        the full name only appears on one of the three signed volumes. The
        estate had belonged to Janet Mahon, who was, among other things, a
        Theater Teacher. Given the number of Blanding/Northe items, I suspect
        they either were family keepsakes, or purchased from an intact group
        of keepsakes. Thanks for responding.

        Best Wishes,
        Michelle

        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "keith2draw"
        <keith2draw@a...> wrote:
        > Michelle,
        >
        > You emailed me last night and said the name was Nora Hefley M???? -
        > which is it? Hefley or Henley?
        >
        > What Blanding/Northe books do you own?
        >
        > Keith
        >

        > > First, let me say that I stumbled across your group while
        > researching
        > > several books I purchased by James Neill Northe and Don
        Blandings,
        > > and found you to be a friendly and intelligent group. So, I hope
        > you
        > > won't mind if I pop in to ask a quick question. The books that I
        > have
        > > are inscribed to a Nora Henley M???? (I think the last name may
        be
        > > Maloy, but I am not certain). They are dated in the years 1935-
        > 1943.
        > > I have searched through the archives and Google, and cannot find
        > > anything firm. Would any of you kind folks have any idea who Nora
        > > might be? Many thanks for any assistance!
        > >

        > > Best Wishes,
        > > Michelle
      • palmerbooks2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
          Hello Again,

          I just stumbled on a piece of information that may help out.
          Apparently, there was a Nora Hefley Mahon who was a poet in Texas
          (where I am located) in 1936. I found her work in the book 'Sheaves
          We Have Bound', compiled by Edna Cole Majors in 1936. I know that
          Northe lived in Texas for a time, so perhaps the connection began
          there, as the copy of 'Gandolon' I have is inscribed to Nora. Does
          this ring any bells with anyone?

          Thanks Again,